03 January 2014

New: Upload your own sources to FamilySearch Family Tree

Some of my blogging friends already did a good job sharing this feature, but it is so important that I wanted to say something about it here too.

You've been able to upload photos/documents to FamilySearch for months already, but just recently they've added this convenient way to turn those into sources.

Simply create a new source, and select that you want to attach a file:

Click to see full size
 In my grandfather's source list below you will see the source I uploaded myself indicated with a camera icon. The tree indicates source digitized by FamilySearch. The globe indicates links to other websites or a source with nothing attached.


Click to see full size
Have you uploaded and attached any of your own images as sources?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful comments.