05 February 2013

Transcript: Catherine Hecker's Will, 1904 Baltimore

Catherine Hecker, Last Will and Testament -  [page] 254
Baltimore City, Maryland
Will books 1904 Liber S.R.M.-B.E.S no 93
View Catherine Lückel Hecker in the FamilySearch Family Tree for relationships and details.


I, Catherine Hecker, a widow of the City of Baltimore, State of Mary
land being of sound and disposing mind, memory and under-
standing, make and declare this to be my last will and testa-
ment.
After the payment of all my just debts and funeral expenses, I
give, bequeath and devise my estate as follows:
I give bequeath and devise absolutely to Augusta Kammke and
John Bewig adult children of my deceased daughter Catherine
Bewig, each one sixth of my estate, real and personal, of every kind and
wheresoever situated.
I give bequeath and devise to my brother Adam Greeneisen and
my nephew Frederick A. Greeneisen, and the survivor of them
and his successor in the trust one sixth of all of my estate, real
and personal of every kind and wheresoever situated in trust to
collect the rents, issues and the profits of the same and use the
net income, rents and profits of said one sixth part of my es-
tate for the maintenance and support of Charles Bewig, son of
my deceased daughter Catherine Bewig, until he shall have
become twenty one years old when this trust as to him shall
cease and he shall receive the said one sixth part of my estate.
I give, bequeath and devise also to my brother Adam Greeneisen
and his son Frederick A. Greeneisen, and the survivor of them
and his successors in the trust all the rest residue and re-
mainder of my estate real and personal, of every kind and
wheresoever situated (said rest residue and remainder),
being one half of my estate), in trust to collect the rents, issues
and profits of the same, and to use the net income, rents and
profits of the same for the benefit, maintenance and support
of Henry Bewig, Junior and Matilda Bewig children of
my deceased daughter, Catherine Bewig until Matilda
Bewig shall have become twenty one years old when this
[page] 255
trust as to them shall cease, and they shall receive share and share
alike said rest, residue and remainder (consisting of one half of my
estate). I constitute and appoint my brother Adam Greeneisen
and his son Frederick A. Greeneisen, herein before named as trus-
tees, to be the Executors of this my last will and testament, hereby re-
voking all others will and codicils by me heretofore made and
it is my desire that they be excused from giving bond.
In testimony whereof, I have hereunto, subscribed my name
and affix my seal this second day of July in the year eighteen
hundred and ninety six.
                Catherine (her mark) Hecker (seal)
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the above named testatrix
at and for her last will and testament, in the presence of us, who,
at her request, and in her presence and the presence of each others,
have hereunto, subscribed our names as witnesses.
                Oscar Koenig (seal)
                Harry F. Hooper (seal)
Baltimore City, S.S. On the 14th day of May 1904 came Adam
Greeneisen and made Oath in due form of law, that he does
not know any Will or Codicil of Catherine Hecker late of said
City, deceased other than the above instrument of writing, and
that he received the same from Testatrix and held it to this
time, and that Testatrix departed this life on the 3rd day of
May 1904.
Sworn to in open Court
    Test. Bart E. Smith
        Register of Wills for Baltimore City
Baltimore City, S.S. On the 14th day of May 1904 came Harry
F. Hooper one of the subscribing witnesses the the aforegoing
last Will and Testament of Catherine Hecker, late of said
City, deceased, and made Oath in due form of law, that
he did see the Testatrix sign and seal this Will; that he
heard her publish, pronounce and declare the same to be her
last Will and Testament; that at the time of her so doing
she was to the best of his apprehension of sound and disposing
mind, memory and understanding; and that he together
with Oscar Koenig the other subscribing witness thereto
subscribed their names as witnesses to this Will in her
presence at her request); and in the presence of each other
[page] 265
Sworn to in open Court
        Test. Bart E. Smith
            Register of Wills for Baltimore City
Baltimore City, S.S. On the 14th day of May 1904 came Harry F.
Hooper and made Oath in due form of law, that he is farmil-
iar with the handwriting of Oscar Koenig one of the attesting
witnesses to the last Will and Testament of Catherine Hecker
late of said City, deceased, and he verily believes that the signa-
ture of the said Oscar Koenig as is written is the true and genuine
signature of said Oscar Koenig who is now out of the state.
Sworn to in open Court
    Test. Bert E. Smith
        Register of Wills for Baltimore City
In the Orphans' Court of Baltimore City:
                            The Court, after hav-
ing carefully examined the above last Will and Testament
of Catherine Hecker late of Baltimore City, deceased, and also
the evidence adduced as to its validity, Orders and Decrees,
this 14th day of May 1904 that the same be admitted in this
Court as the true and genuine last Will and Testament
of the said Catherine Hecker deceased.
                Myer J. Block
                Wm J. O'Brien
                Harry C?aither

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful comments.