24 November 2013

Ancestry.com: Content Publisher Beta, Sharing your records collections online

I thought that I remembered Ancestry.com announcing a records collections online publishing service at a RootsTech conference a couple years ago, but I can't find any place on my blog where I mentioned it. It is one of those things that interested me and was newsworthy, but sort of disappeared.

This last week I was looking at a comment on some website that asked what is the best way to upload clipped obituary collections or other collections in custody of a small genealogical society or family history center. There were several good comments, but the best solution in my opinion was when someone shared the link to Ancestry.com: Content Publisher Beta. I read that, followed the link and it clicked! This was that one thing I had heard about long ago. I haven't had the occasion to use it up until now, but I wanted you all to know about this exciting tool.

 
Please leave a comment to share your own experiences with it. I'd love to know if it has been useful for your society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful comments.